FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WN mentioned in an article on dynamic pricing
Old Feb 25, 2018, 8:18 am
whlinder

What's the real concern? That airlines will use the information they have to price more specifically towards specific passengers based on attributes and behavior?

The ability to charge different prices based on passenger attributes has been in place for decades. Military, Government, State Government, Child, Child with a seat, infant without a seat, infant with a seat, Military Child, Frequent Flyer (with a bunch of different classifications), Resident/National of a certain country, point of sale, airline employee, Clergy, senior citizen (different age classifications), bereavement, there are 100s of passenger attributes which can be used to control the price offered. Then there are corporate contracts (another passenger attribute) allowing for dynamic discounting of published fares and of course the whole side of inventory management. How is that not dynamic?

This is moving more towards dynamic offer generation and getting to more price points to better match the demand curve.

Originally Posted by JumboJet
After reading 100's of times, on this site, that it was impossible for airilnes to do this. Here we go. It's a crappy idea that probably won't work. I just hope the airlines know to send me the lowest price cause I'm most likely headed there anyway
LOL who said it was impossible to do?