FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GGL enhancements
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2018, 4:51 am
AdBoy

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Originally Posted by Cymro
IF this was the way they wanted to play it - and it's risky, because if you're flying on a good number of G/O/Q fares you're either flying a LOT or booking some expensive fares to go with them - then it would make sense to limit it by fare bucket so that the very cheapest fares were excluded.

Of course it would give a lot of status card holders a taste for EasyJet or RyanAir. If I'm travelling short-haul on business, the ability to work in the lounge without having to worry about buying/expensing lounge access is hugely important as it means I can arrive early and do any non-sensitive calls from a quiet part of the lounge, rather than having to work in a noisier public environment.
That's where it falls down for me. If you're earning status on BA by flying some expensive fares (where you already get lounge access etc.) but also flying HBOs, then there is no incentive to fly BA (at ALL) if the perks on those cheaper fares are removed. BA would surely be playing with fire and send most people (who now have no additional benefit to flying BA if not paying to sit up front) elsewhere.

Last edited by AdBoy; Feb 25, 2018 at 4:57 am