FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GGL enhancements
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2018, 8:15 am
lorcancoyle

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by woglet86
Seems to me that the incentive levels need to be at the right place to help BA make more money out of us. They need to weigh the cost of providing the benefits to more people, against the fact that with lower targets, more people will be incentivised to hit them.

From a personal perspective, I realised I could probably hit 5k this year as a one-off, and 3k per year going forward if I make an effort. I would be surprised if BA wasn't making money out of the incremental 3.5k / 1.5k TPs I was aiming for in excess of the 1.5k requirement for Gold (whether this sort of TP-chasing is rational has been done to death!). Nearly all of my TPs are earned on routes where BA sees at least a share of the money.

If they raised the annual requirement to 5k, I wouldn't bother aiming for anything over Gold, so they'd see less money from me. If this was justified by increasing the benefits (which in theory could make me less profitable), I could understand it. If not, it would seem like they've lost that revenue for little benefit.

Simply put, if the aim of the executive club tiers is to extract additional spend / profit out of each customer, I feel like this would be a step backwards for the category of passenger like me.

Interested to see what transpires.
they certainly generate incremental revenue from me as a result of GGL. Will take WTP trips on BA with GUF that otherwise would be on QR or someone else, and I will do CE revenue rather than RFS economy at certain points in the year to avoid a last minute scare...