FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone recently flown out of ABJ using self printed boarding pass?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 5:18 am
Internaut

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Well I see two possibilities here. The first is I asked a question so utterly dumb that no one lowered themselves to answer it. The second possibility is I’m quite the trailblazer here. Assuming the second, yes you can go through Abidjan Airport with a self printed boarding pass. The only worries I had, landside, was I couldn’t see anywhere to fill out the departure form. The reality is that this appears to be redundant now. All the immigration officer required was my passport and two index fingers.

Airside, they were bus boarding because the inbound plane from COO was late. At Abidjan, this means waiting around at the gate, for a couple of hours at the behest of the airline. Then, at boarding, I placed myself close to the front, to ensure a place on the first bus. This was when the gate agents sprung “The Surprise”. They decided to reprint my boarding passes while the other passengers streamed past me. No worries - I still got a place on the first bus, and a place in the overhead bin for my cabin bag*.

*One simple rule I follow, with hand luggage, whether I have a checked bag or not: Stick to the letter of the law, stay quite a bit inside the airlines published rules, and be on the plane before those who don’t. Sometimes, it means being a bit pushy.Apologies for formatting. It seems Flyertalk no longer respects my iPad’s carriage returns.

Last edited by Internaut; Feb 24, 2018 at 5:23 am