FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do you handle a seat change request? {Archive}
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:50 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I am suspecting this was a scam because the GA seemed to feel something wasn't right and ordered these two to the back of the plane. Had 10F and 10E which was my "extraseat". Two younger people come on, big mouthed girl stops at my row and says "I have 10F" - I replied "no you don't". I started suspecting maybe my upgrade cleared, so I hit the call button - FA appears and says F is full so it can't be that. Big mouth girl points to 10E and says "well, I'll just sit THERE!" - I said "no you won't, that's also my seat and I paid for it". FA runs to get GA who comes back, remembers me from boarding with my two boarding passes, announces both seats are mine and demands to see big mouth's boarding pass before promptly sending her and her companion to the back of the plane.

My guess is she tried this before, had some unprepared person stand up in the aisle to 'sort it out', then she grabbed the E+ seat and refused to move, while the UA crew did the usual "just take any open seat, we need to leave" routine to the hapless fool who got out of their seat.