FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 16th Annual AGM + Tour(s) (TBC): SYD Sat 24 Feb 2018
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:30 pm
QF WP

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
The saga of QF WP’s flight. We were delayed leaving Gate then number 9 in takeoff slot. Then the Captain announced just prior to takeoff that the warming film on the windscreen had delineated and caused a crack to develop and we had to come back to the Gate to have Engineering check it out. After all, don’t want them to be the next Captain sucked out of the cockpit like the BA Captain, in the event of an explosive decompression.

So Engineering are replacing the windscreen and have a revised departure of 12:15pm (2 hours late) and arrival time of 2:55pm. I’ll still come out to HQ and see you all after the Tour.

Unfortunately nobody can take my spot as security checks have not been done for those on the bubble and can’t be now done (they need 2 business days).

Hope you all all have fun on the Tour and I’ll live vicariously through your verbal descriptions and photographic evidence.