FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Least worst seats in 10-abreast Y?
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:45 am
jackson112233

Originally Posted by giblet
I booked 18 days in advance, so could have given it more time. All of the tickets for the second week of Feb were expensive. I was also flying ex-PNH and that makes it slightly more expensive (than BKK, say). I don't think these ones usually get below $1000.

I live in a city that is poorly served by the alliance airlines. To get from REP to SFO in just two flight, many 10-abreast seats cost more than $2000. So yeah, I chafe at the "you get what you pay for" comment because while in theory that is true, in reality it's not without about a million caveats. I appreciate some of the airlines that, while having added 10-across seating, have also upgraded their entertainment options. BR has a limited movie selection, the food is not great, and on my flights anyway, the staff seemed harried and overworked. As much as I hate flying these cramped long-haul flights, the flight attendants don't seem to be enjoying it either. I think the increased capacity has made their jobs a lot more unpleasant.
The seond week of February this year was Chinese New Years, so the prices are going to be extremely high in and out of Tpe, higher than any other time of the year!