FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service
Old Feb 22, 2018, 10:35 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by TheFlyGuy1992

The meal service on United looks absolutely deplorable. Just last week I flew DFW-RSW on American and received a full lunch service on a flight that departed at 2:30 pm with a block time of 2:21. The choices were a shrimp salad (which featured a plate full of large shrimp on the side ... or lasagna, which I chose on the website via their pre-order option. The salad was quinoa and I quite enjoyed it. Overall the meal was very enjoyable! Fresh baked cookies followed.

Also on an interesting note, you can now pre-order 13 special meal options on AA domestic flights as well.
This is exactly what I had on a recent AA flight, except my dish had an additional antipasti salad, and the roll never showed up - plus for dessert we had a big slice of chocolate mousse cake. While the presentation was, for lack of a better description, a hot mess, the quantity was easily double any recent UA hot meal, and the dish actually had some flavor. While not much thought went into the presentation, it was apparent the recipe was not bad at all. Based on AA reports here I was expecting a bag of peanuts to be thrown at my head in first class, but was pleasantly surprised at what was served.