FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Least worst seats in 10-abreast Y?
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2018, 10:02 pm
giblet

I booked 18 days in advance, so could have given it more time. All of the tickets for the second week of Feb were expensive. I was also flying ex-PNH and that makes it slightly more expensive (than BKK, say). I don't think these ones usually get below $1000.

I live in a city that is poorly served by the alliance airlines. To get from REP to SFO in just two flight, many 10-abreast seats cost more than $2000. So yeah, I chafe at the "you get what you pay for" comment because while in theory that is true, in reality it's not without about a million caveats. I appreciate some of the airlines that, while having added 10-across seating, have also upgraded their entertainment options. BR has a limited movie selection, the food is not great, and on my flights anyway, the staff seemed harried and overworked. As much as I hate flying these cramped long-haul flights, the flight attendants don't seem to be enjoying it either. I think the increased capacity has made their jobs a lot more unpleasant.