FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dreamliner 787-8 / 788 Zodiac Business Seats & Reviews (master thd)
Old Feb 22, 2018, 3:42 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by buckybadger
Wondering if there's any news on the movement or dividers in these airplanes? Or the time frame when they might be reducing the number of seats?

I have 6A and 7A reserved for DFW-PEK, but now I'm a little worried that they're going to take that mini cabin away (but I'm not sure about the time frame on that) so I'm wondering if I should just go back to the center rear-facing pair in row 3. Heads together and the rear-facing looks nice with the table cocoons. If there's a chance we can't both be in unattached seats maybe it makes sense to try to at least be next to each other so we can enjoy our first business class experience together... Does anyone think that there is any chance that the divider will go down on that seat pair?

Not sure what the best thing to do is with all the unknowns...
It may be some of the dividers have been repaired. If it’s merely that, probably no need for an STC from the FAA, unlike the seat structure support / track modifications.