FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bad experience with Air Canada and concierge: seat not kept during connection
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:52 pm
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by lallied
.......and not all of us can run as fast as a 20 something concierge. It’s ok with the BMW but in reverse it’s a looong way (well, 5-6m running door to door, while leaping over baggage and ducking past passengers and begging folk to let you in the security queue)
(bolding mine)I remember one time last year I was running along one of the people movers in YYZ Domestic to board a flight that was about to close and they had already announced my name three times - I ran past several AC employees along the way. As I ran past a concierge (not knowing right away they were a concierge), the concierge spoke out loud to me "Sir - which flight are you on?", so I slowed down and shouted back "XYZ" (I now forget which flight) - she then asked me to stop and she radioed to the gate to leave the door open for me. We then jogged together to the gate, while engaging in small talk. She said she saw my SE luggage tags which prompted her actions to assist, even though I didn't ask for help. Yes, this was a 20-something concierge who can run with this old-fart SE.