FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Introducing Air Canada Basic Economy
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:57 pm
Arcanum

Programs: AC, US, AA, UA, BA, QF, DL...
Originally Posted by AC681
There are 5 ex-Sky Regional and 5 ex-Republic Q400s, 9 of them have small overhead bins, one (498) has the larger bins.

The ex-Sky Regional planes are 74 seats with dark blue seats morm like tge Dash 8 100/300. The ex-republic planes are 78 seats with a slightly different dark blue seat simalar to the Q400s (no coat hooks on the side though )
Sorry. A gate agent at YQG said they came from UA and I didn't bother to verify.

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Can AC make it so that all *G and Altitude status benefits are nullified when flying on a BE fare? Is this how UA does it?
My free bag as *G is the one and only reason to take AC over PD. Get rid of that and I'll probably do 10-15 fewer AC flights per year. PD has better legroom, nicer crew, tasty snacks, and a better connecting experience. Plus AC's evening flights to YQT are reliably unreliable, so even with the operational challenges at YTZ I'm still more likely to get home on time with PD. There's nothing quite like waiting to board AC8530 (05:00 departure) and watching the previous evening's AC8547 (scheduled arrival of 01:19) just pulling into the gate.

Cranky's been a big fan of AC's branded fare experience for years. I understand his rationale, I've just never agreed with his enthusiasm. The change fees with Tango are already so high and the mileage earning so low that it isn't much different from Basic, and the price difference from Tango to Flex almost never seems justified for the few extra miles I'd earn. Of course, I travel on my own dime, rarely make changes, and haven't played the e-Up lotto since leaving AP, so I'm probably not the target market for Flex and Latitude anyway.