FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Quick comparison Iberia Plus vs. BAEC
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:54 am
Oaxaca

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by docjones
However due to other factors, our outbound segments actually fall on the last date of my membership year. Unfortunately this means that half of the points from our trip would effectively be wasted and we would not be able to retain BAEC Silver. I called BAEC and it appears that rules are rules, and there is no flexibility in that. Ergo we're looking to change FFP.
I may be late to the party on this thread, but unless your outbound was 8 Feb rather than 8 Mar, there may be time. Although I've never done it myself, there are many reported cases on the BA Forum of people getting extensions of TP year in order to retain BAEC status. The extension is a maximum of 2 weeks, so if you need the points from the return as well, you need to consider this, as there is zero flexibility for more than 2 weeks.

It's generally been reported that you should call within a couple of weeks of your TP year expiry date, not earlier. If someone says no, hang up and call again. What BA will not do is allow you to credit TPs from the current year to the next, but that doesn't appear to be your issue.