FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award seats all showing 2X normal miles for all date up to 2019
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:55 am
lifeonthego_k

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
I've booked quite a few QR awards in J/F in the past and over the last 1-1.5 years it's become progressively harder to find availability at business saver level. For a SIN-NYC return trip in Jun '17 I had to book the award in Oct '16, for a return trip from SIN to Europe in J/F (2 pax) I booked in Feb '17 for September '17 and for another upcoming SIN-NYC trip in Jun '18 I had to book in Nov '17. In my experience booking 365/333 days out doesn't help - QR doesn't seem to follow the trend of opening up award space as soon as revenue tickets become available. In Nov '17 to be honest they did have quite a dates with availability in J (Qsuites) from SIN-JFK return but on Dec 1 it all disappeared. While award availability has reduced, the number of Qmiles and Qpoints promos QR has been running has been increasing. I rather have fewer miles and be able to use them than get a ton of Qmiles and search for hours trying to find availability that may not even be there.