FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holiday Inn Club Vacations
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:38 am
Motorskills

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; IHG Spire; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold (UA); National Executive Elite
I just finished a brief stay for business at the Lake Geneva Grand Resort. I searched the IHG website and picked what looked like the best bang for the buck in the area in which I was working.

The place is absolutely enormous, having originally been built as a Playboy Club resort in the late 1960s, extensively remodelled and refurbished since. I guess Wisconsin in February is ultra-low season for them, so that probably explains the rate. At breakfast on the first morning, the restaurant could probably have supported several hundred diners....there were just the two of us. What's weird is that the IHG accommodation is a few minutes' DRIVE from the check-in, and our rooms were not serviced during our stay, my colleague had to get more shampoo from the front desk.

Not the end of the world, but not what we were expecting, and not explained at check-in. I guess they just don't get many people staying in the way we did, it's either people on timeshares or attendees of conferences and suchlike.

AFAICT I won't be receiving Award Points / Stay Credit, which is annoying, I guess I didn't do my homework properly in reading the small print, The Vacations and Rewards businesses are completely separate. That said, my bill indicates I will get the 500 welcome points as a Spire Elite.