FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The QR STPC (stopover) policy?
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:59 am
tc69

I am answering my own questions- hope these are useful! I tried emailing the Stockholm Qatar Airways office but the email address I found bounced back, so I had to call the office directly.

I am eligible for my return flight (number 2 below), but not the outward flight (ARN to CBR), as I could have booked a flight that departed later from ARN which would have meant a connection time of 3 hours, and hence that means I am not STPC eligible. Does that make sense? I had assumed that the eligibility criterion had to be related to the choice of time for flight onwards from Doha, rather than me choosing a different time for the flight from my point of origin. Is there anyway I can argue about this, and if so, how?

Originally Posted by tc69
Apologies for these questions, but could I check whether the following flights may be STPC eligible? Both flights are in R fare:1. QR 0170 ARN to Doha, arrive Doha at 16:05 Next day QR 0906 Doha to CBR, depart Doha at 09:20DOH
- I don’t think there are any earlier flights direct to CBR, but there are earlier connecting flights to CBR (through MEL)

2. QR 0907 CBR to Doha, arrive Doha at 23:30 Next day QR 0171 Doha to ARN, depart Doha at 15:20
There is an earlier flight that day to ARN at 07:35, but this one is also 8 hours 5 minutes connection time, so should be eligible for STPC. However, I don’t know if: a) Because of the earlier available flight to ARN, my later (cheaper flight) is ineligible for STPC b) Because I may have had an STPC on the outward journey, I am not eligible for STPC on the return journey