FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:41 am
PSPAirliner

Programs: UA Gold , Marriott Platinum. Both earned BIS/Nights

Christmas Day '17, TPA_IAH A320 - super nice FA however no snack basket and no explanation. My first Gold upgrade as I had just met qualifications. No offer to anyone to get a snack box from Y. Based on "where is this aircraft coming from, it was a TPA-IAH-TPA-IAH. Surely good have been stocked at IAH.

Next flight was IAH-TUS, A319, Block 2:29 with Dinner. Honestly, for a short flight excellent. The F/A hustled so hard too. PDB, before dinner bev service with hot nuts. Entree was chicken and Mac/cheese (which apparently the higher up elites grabbed) or a chilled salmon salad that my seat mate and I both ordered. Have to be honest, it was really really good. Huge, very fresh and perfectly cooked salmon, with apples, nuts, cranberries. Salad was properly chilled without frozen greens. Roll and turtle cheesecake. I have to be gluten free and I could only have the salad but this is something I would gladly order in advance if offered. Very satisfying meal. I have to say, didn't look like the Plat/1K's were enjoying the chick/Mac/cheese. after dinner drinks were offered too along with cordials.

again service was excellent. 18 year LUA crew still on a/b reserve rotation based out of LA. Super pleasant; excellent flight.

Tuesday 2/16 snack basket TUS-LAX, LAX-TUS snack was a decent sized fruit plate with a cold scone (E175). Return on Monday SEA-SFO A319, Full snack basket that she refilled after row one so all selections avail. Again PDB on all flights.

All F/A's friendly, pleasant and offered multiple bev services. Given with what they had to work with, they did a great job