FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 10 Countries in 9 Days (CX, KE, QR, TG, KL, BI)
Old Feb 22, 2018, 3:28 am
ellyse

Programs: SQ Gold, AF Platinum, AA Platinum (sadly, expiring soon), QR Silver, EK, MU, HU, PR, HO, OZ, KE
Originally Posted by swingaling
I will definitely get around to Shanghai at some point (going to Beijing in May). I may do a short trip there later this year for a quick mileage run to finish off my AA EXP renewal (will only need 5k miles, but fares to PVG are super cheap) and burn a couple upgrades.

I'm at 29 countries currently, with another 7 already booked for later this year. Here's a link to the countries I've visited (or booked confirmed travel to) thus far.

Some countries I plan to visit aren't really possible at the current time. North Korea is one (no go for me on a US passport). It would be tough for me to enter Saudi Arabia as a non-Muslim, but I could easily book a flight on Saudia to transit the airport and tick it off that way. However, that's not my preferred way to visit a country. That said, Saudi Arabia is in the midst of passing social reforms and I expect them to open to tourists in the years to come. Most of Africa requires a visa, which will add complexity and cost.

I'm not eager to visit war zones like Afghanistan or Syria, so those will have to wait. But I have so many other countries to visit in the mean time, it's not a problem putting those off to later. In order to do this in a reasonable time frame, I'm targeting 10 new countries each year at a minimum (a target I may or may not hit). For 2018, I'll add 16 new countries to the list.
Right, drop me a PM when you come to Shanghai, and we can meet up? I’ve got Belarus, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Finland as new countries planned for this year. Maybe we can even do some country-ticking together sometime.