FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Billpay at Walmart (2018 onwards)
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:34 pm
Hbax

I overheard and observed some rather interesting things when I was in the process of getting my funds back that never made it to CFP. The Yellow Jackets do not answer to the store manager. Apparently, the store manager and assistant manager operate the store, but the Yellow Jackets handle 'Da Moolah'. The cash office, the money center, and all the registers.

The head/chief Yellow Jacket came out of the cash office and got on the phone where they looked up the transactions by the account I was PAYING, which because I'm the only one paying that account through CFP, it instantly narrowed down the transactions to just mine. Then when they looked at the date, they verbally verified there was only one payment on that account but I had two receipts for that day.

So she told one of her assistants to fax my receipts to them and they would call back with the verification. The assistant asked where do I fax these at, and she responded, "Ask management". Once they got the fax with my time-stamped receipts, she simply scanned the UPC code at the bottom of the receipt and did a return, and paid me the cash.

Interesting that the store manager/assistant manager office door is behind the CS counter and looks like an office door, painted a different color than the walls, but the innocuous cash office door is painted the same color as the wall, looking as if it were the door to a janitors closet.

I'm sure many of you have seen, as I have, Yellow Jackets operating as cashiers, perhaps they are just starting out or fill-in as needed ?