FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:47 am
IDontWearSocks

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Plat, Amtrak S+, Hilton, Starbucks Gold
I just returned from 5 nights at Zilara Rose Hall, and was pleasantly surprised based on the feedback here. I thought the property was in great shape, staff was pleasant/helpful, and restaurant choices were of good quality. We stayed on the Zilara side (the adults only concept) and I don't believe we saw anyone under the age of 18 at all (we did venture to the family side for a few meals and of course saw tons of kids). The rooms look like they were recently redone and had no complaints whatsoever. The bathrooms are done in a modern all-tile motif and were large/roomy. My only complaint was hot water: a few afternoons lukewarm was the best the shower got....otherwise, we had to run the shower and tub on full hot for a while before the water got shower-temp. The grounds are kept up and has a great tropical feel to the place. The spa is kinda weird: they have two changing rooms to visit before a massage treatment; then you walk through a common area where a jacuzzi & plunge pool and sauna/steam room are also located -- these are coed, which, by US standards means you need your bathing suit on to enjoy. The relaxing room was off the beach and random folks from the beach would wander in to sit in the jacuzzi or use the rest room, not very relaxing if you ask me. The treatments were great though....the setup was just kind of unconventional. The pool area is large and enough room -- if you get down there and secure a lounge chair by 9:00am....every resort I've been to in the Caribbean has this phenomenon, so it was expected. The beach is sort of rocky and rough...I think this is a manmade beach area, but hey: waves, blue ocean, and sunshine....did the trick for me.

Now, I did notice that the Hyatt Board of Directors or Executive Leadership (or maybe both) were checking in to the property the day before we left: there was lots of painting touchups, new mulch, and general cleaning/tidying going on. I'm not sure how much attention the property gets the rest of the year, but they were definitely paying attention to the details while we were there.