FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection - London, UK [Master Thread]
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:26 am
hts

Programs: AA EP, USAir Chairman, MR Lifetime Plat
Yes, I believe I did share that this was her first trip to London and so having a hotel central to many of the typical tourist spots (that a 40-year old first time visitor might be interesting in visiting) was paramount. I'm not knocking the St Prancras at all--absolutely a beautifully restored property and I'm sure very appropriate for others, but if you're a typical first-time tourist to London debating between the two (as we were), I'm simply sharing my experience and recommendation for St. Ermin's based on our recent experience.

Originally Posted by ohmark
While I have no doubt your observation is true for you, and would be accurate for first time and other visitors to London whose primary interest would be typical tourist attractions, the St. Pancras area does have its charms and readily available transportation, and might make sense for tourists who have toured London before and are looking for something different. Beyond that, the hotel is Marriott's London gem, IMO.