FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dropping return flight
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:05 am
kop84

Originally Posted by stewie7669
Going on vacation with my family next month. All of us bought P-fare FC tickets. I ended up getting a freelance gig starting the same day I’m supposed to go home with my family.

Trying to to figure out how to do this. The return portion of my vacation ticket is $750. Don’t want to just throw that away.

What are are my options?

Can I just cancel the return portion of only my ticket and bank the money to use later? Can I change the return portion to take me to LAS (from LAX) and 8 days later back home?The client will pay for me to get to my work location and home but I sure hate losing $750 value of my vacation return fare
First, Is $750 1/2 the ticket price? Or did you look at the fare itself to see the value? Because the outbound and return aren't necessarily the same price, and often the outbound is the more expensive 1/2 of the ticket if they are different.

Second, it will depend on if you have one way or round trip fares. If you have OW fares then you can turn that $750 into anything you want for the most part, as the fares are independent just on the same ticket. If you have RT fares, then it will depend a lot on what you're looking to do, as it may re-calculate the already flown portion into a OW fare eating some of your value if you no longer qualify for the fare. More details on your itinerary may be helpful.