FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Sydney {AUS}
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:35 am
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by m0hamed
In my view there is no comparison. The SOTP is a far superior hotel - view of the Park and the Harbour Heads from the top floors, the rooftop pool with a view as opposed to an indoor facility, one of the best club lounges in the World with outdoor balconies and with the current renovation it's even better.
You do get a nice view from the lounge, but I've yet to have a room with a view of anything except the windows of an office building very close by. In the Hilton I always get longer views, often of Town Hall. The Sheraton's rooftop pool is great if you want a pool to lounge near, perhaps with a drink in hand, but it's far too small for any sort of swimming at all. The Hilton has a real pool, 25 meters long, three lanes, two for lap swimming, with center lines and lane dividers. This is very much a matter of personal taste, but I can't stand Pelagrino sparkling water, which is what the Sheraton Club serves. The Hilton has, in my view, far tastier water. I can certainly see why you and others might prefer the Sheraton, I'm not saying it's bad, just that for what I value, not as enjoyable as the Hilton. The renovation has improved the rooms, I agree, although they seem to have left unchanged the ancient and poorly working toilets.