FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection - London, UK [Master Thread]
Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:46 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by hts
Just returned from a week at the St Ermin's and couldn't be happier with our decision! First off, I had it narrowed to St Ermins, St Pancras or the JW. After significant research, we chose St Ermins primarily based on location, as this was my girlfriend's first trip to London. This property is literally a 5-10 min walk to Buckingham Palace, St James Park, Westminster Abbey, Parliament, London Eye, 10 Downing Street, Horse Guards, Churchill War Rooms, etc., and maybe a 2-min walk to the nearest tube station (St James Park). We found the location is be absolutely ideal! Upon arrival, we received a nice upgrade to a beautiful junior suite (I'm Lifetime Plat and booked using points) and took the welcome amenity of champagne and chocolates. Although there's no concierge room of course, they do have a nightly reception with comp wine and tasty apps/desserts from 530p-630p in the lobby that we were surprisingly back in time for several nights and enjoyed immensely. The comp breakfast buffet was much better than anticipated. I didn't get a chance to look at a menu, but I'd be surprised if the buffet doesn't go for at least 15 quid per person and would've been worth every penny at that price. Hot bacon and sausages (both delish of course) with cooked to order eggs, yogurts, a variety of fresh fruit, cold cuts, cereals, delicious pastries (choc croissants, raisin cinnamon rolls, etc.). We skipped the buffet's runny scrambled eggs. ]

We purchased a 2-day bus pass and were able to easily visit both the JW as well as the St Pancras properties and while both are beautiful in their own right, I think the JW may have been a bit uppity for us and St Pancras is just out in the middle of nowhere. I was able to persuade one of the concierges to give us a quick tour of the club at St Pancras (was middle of the day, so no food was setup), and while it looked very nice, it just wouldn't have been worth it for us given its remote location.

Happy to answer any questions--two big happy thumbs up from us for St. Ermin's!!
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated. Glad you had a great trip!

Cheers.