FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bad experience with Air Canada and concierge: seat not kept during connection
Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:47 pm
RatherBeInYOW

Programs: AC SE*MM
It is hard to feel much sympathy here:

a) You left a very tight connection to an international flight. Even if you land on time here, assuming the outbound is on time the best case is you walk through the terminal and they're already boarding AC042. This is very risky, especially in the winter.

b) Even though you had a tight connection you didn't know what your best plan B was to make it to DEL in time for your meeting should you be delayed, and failed to insist on this plan B when the time came.

If you're SE MM shouldn't you understand these things? Even if your plane was in YUL you could be delayed by crew, ground handling, weather, mechanical issues ... or any number of other things. Surely this has happened to you many times before.

I flew to DEL a few weeks ago. I left Canada a day early to give myself an acclimatization day in DEL and provide some buffer before my meetings started in India in case of travel issues, left 2.5h to connect in YYZ should there be an issue flying in from YOW (and there was, my YOW-YYZ flight was delayed about 45 mins) and I knew what my plan B was should I miss my YYZ-DEL for any reason. Why you didn't do any of these things I don't understand...