FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avoiding chain hotels
View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2018, 10:16 am
dulciusexasperis
Suspended

Pinniped, you wrote, "There aren't FTers starting threads like "Chain hotels are always the best for everyone". Are you suggesting pinniped, that I started a thread saying 'independent hotels are always the best for everyone'? Where did I write anything like that pinniped? Got a quote?

EuropeanPete, do you want to explain 'straw man' to pinniped or do you just want to refer to it when you think it applies to me? Oh wait, you actually clicked on 'like' for pinniped's comment. So you liked his straw man argument and then went on to accuse me of using straw man arguments. How do you reconcile that dichotomy? Or did you miss the fact that he was using a straw man argument? Hmm, now I'm thinking you don't actually understand what a straw man argument is EuropeanPete. After all, you accused me of using one and yet I don't see where you got the idea that I was doing that. Just where did you read something that lead you to write, "This is another ridiculous straw man"? Please provide a quote of what I wrote that you are referring to as 'this' EuropeanPete.