FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TripAdvisor
Thread: TripAdvisor
View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:11 am
deniah

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Jeb321
Trip Adviser is an ocean of phony reviews. There have been a few articles posted about the spotting of false reviews. I spend half my year here in the Caribbean surrounded by hotels. These hotels I know first hand are either quite empty and pathetic in service, food but they are on gorgeous beaches. Trip Adviser posts reviews written giving the highest possible stars and ratings written by probably the employees themselves, the management corporations or good friends. These reviews which can be quite lenghthy praise employees by name, give full-on descriptions of hotel property and are lauding things which we who live here know are false. Articles have been written about Trip Advisers reviews and how to spot the real from the fake. I used to send in reviews and had a high level there but quit writing anything when I started seeing these excellent reviews appearing almost constantly. I feel sorry for hapless travelers believing only Trip Adviser. In the past I tried refuting some of these phony reviews but got to be very frustrating to do so.

it's a tool. 1 tool.

how it's used is up to the operator, not a fault of the tool.