FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Economy Plus (E+) - Questions/Worth It?/Experiences [Consolidated]
Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:38 pm
jmastron

Originally Posted by findark
I believe your TA will be billed for the seats, but it would be worth calling UA and seeing what the status of the payment is. In the future, easier to not select a seat via the TA and do it instead on the United website.
Originally Posted by emcampbe

Dont have personal experience as until last month, I’ve always been gold. But per E+ terms, you are not refunded the original payment until you take off in a different seat. If you select a new seat, you are supposed to be charged the new seat price in full, then get refunded after the flight departs (takes a few days to show up on statement). Though some have reported filing a refund request will get it done sooner, by the rules, that’s not SOP.
Thanks, I think you're both right, and I should have selected E- or no seats when booking. Looks like I have 3 options now -- try to change the current reservation's seats to E- then back to E+, cancel and rebook (still within 24 hours), or get on the phone to either/both of UA and the TA tomorrow. I think that's the order I'll try them.