FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MH aircraft change KUL - PER
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:17 pm
Kizz302

Programs: Enrich
Originally Posted by crackjack
I am not clear, do other airlines really compensate when an airplane switch occurs?
I’d thought the argument is that the ticket is for transportation from A to B, and not a specific airplane?
Granted, lie flat vs a 737 lounge chair would be annoying on a 5.5hr flight, but is there something other airlines will take into consideration?
I was booked on this flight when it was originally an A330, I complained and eventually got my money back.

My counter argument to the A-B transport is I purchased that transport based on a service I was offered. ie, xxKG's luggage, inflight entertainment, meal service & a type of seat. If I was to purchase purely A-B transportation, then the airline can freely withdraw any of these services so I might as well buy the cheapest A-B transport on that route.

Of course, if they had to switch aircraft due to issues with the assigned aircraft and any of these services weren't available, then OK but if they switch aircraft on a permanent basis like they have here, then that's not acceptable for passengers who have already purchased tickets on that flight.