FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Reward Club at Kimpton Hotels Experiences (2018)
Old Feb 19, 2018, 3:57 pm
brownoarsman

Programs: Marriott, Starwood, American, United, Amtrak, Enterprise
Angler's -- Miami Beach, FL

Angler's -- Miami Beach, FL

What is your Priority Club status? Spire Inner Circle

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Queen Loft - high floor and away from the elevator as per my preferences. I should mention that I asked for a trundle bed for my cousin who was staying with me, and the hotel very graciously replied to me at booking that they would try to upgrade me to a villa. However, they were sold out for the weekend, and I can't ask them to give me something for free that others are willing to pay a lot of money for!

How are the rooms? I had a Queen Loft. It was nice, but perhaps a bit smaller than suites at other Kimptons. The property is currently an all-suites hotel as they undergo renovation/construction work. The Queen Loft has a living room that's on the smaller side, but fit a couch, reception table, desk/chair, and trundle bed nicely. The bedroom upstairs was perfectly adequate, the bathroom is a shower/toilet only, no bathtub. Some may find the spiral staircase difficult to navigate.

[If you are Spire]
How was your complimentary welcome amenity?
Great! Exactly what I ask for (muscle milk and Clif bars for morning gym sessions)

Did you raid the minibar? If so, what did you take? A Corona from the minibar upon entry to cool that Miami heat. Comped at checkout.

Were you offered a Chef's Taste at Dinner, If so, what did you receive? N/A - restaurant currently closed while undergoing renovations

Did you use the free spa credit / did the hotel participate? If so, was it a good value? N/A

What was good and what was bad? Angler's is a very zen property. It's got a great, shaded lounge pool that is removed from the street and pretty quiet. The amenities are Gilchrest and Soames with cucumber soap and sea-weed shampoo. This is the first time I've been tempted to raid the housekeeping cart for take-home soaps (I didn't, though). It's a great location to mellow out. Staff was the same high-service, awesome people that you come to expect at Kimptons, I very much enjoyed meeting them. Construction is ongoing at Angler's, and it's probably worth checking on its current status as noise was an issue on work calls and weekend morning sleep-ins. The hotel also has a gym agreement with Loew's up the street, which is a mediation-focused spa type gym, but does have a Smith machine. I like these arrangements better, personally, as most dedicated hotel gyms suck from a lifting perspective.
Surfcomber (another Kimpton about 1.5 miles north up the beach) by contrast has an also great, but different pool scene: pumping music, bar orders at the pool, pool toys and lawn games. Didn't stay there, but ate/drank there and hung out by and in the pool with their permission.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Booked on a free night credit and would return once construction is over or reduced. Felt I got good value, but also feel that any points/free night booking is generally good value in Miami Beach given the high tax rates on paid stays.