FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Costa Rica Car Rental Experiences
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:49 pm
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

Thank you, ariel_sjo. That is an extremely helpful post.

Originally Posted by ariel_sjo
But they will ask you for written confirmation, so you must bring a printed copy of the email, or letter from the credit card company that CLEARLY states that the CDW of your credit card covers Costa Rica, if it says global, they won’t accept it, it MUST SAY COSTA RICA, and show at least the last four digits of your credit card and match the numbers in the plastic.
We have an upcoming trip to Costa Rica. I had already gotten the letter from Chase Sapphire Card Benefits Department. It gives the last 4 digits of my credit card but it says Global Coverage (and lists 4 countries that used to be excluded but are now included). I just spoke to them again. Unfortunately, they cannot alter the letter to state Costa Rica. I would guess that their legal team has carefully vetted the letter and allows no alterations. I will be using a local company, called VAMOS. It was recommended in the Andaz Papagayo thread. The booking states the cost of the Third Party Waiver. It also says that we must have valid CDW Coverage for duration of rental. I have done everything I know to do. Hopefully it will be sufficient.