FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Left on the curb by DFW North Sleep Inn
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2018, 9:52 pm
cbender

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Angry Left on the curb by DFW North Sleep Inn

I found myself with an unexpected overnight at DFW last Friday. Rather than mess with a AA hotel voucher (there were no agents to be found anyway at 10:30PM) I made a reservation with the DFW North Sleep Inn using the app as I was walking to the curb. After getting the confirmation, I called the hotel and requested pickup by the shuttle. They gave me instructions on where to wait and said it would be there soon. 30 minutes later with no shuttle in sight, I called back, only to be told that my reservation was not valid and should not have been accepted (they were apparently full), and that they were not sending the shuttle. My protests had no effect, and to the question 'So you're leaving me here on the curb at 11:30PM', the answer was 'yes'.

I ended up booking a second reservation at a nearby Comfort Suites, which was perfectly fine, but ~$30 more expensive than the Sleep Inn. The Comfort Inn staff were great, although due to delays with the Sleep Inn fiasco I didn't end up at my room until well after midnight.

Apart from never staying in a Sleep Inn again, is there anything else I should expect as followup from this? I'm a pretty reasonably loyal Choice hotels member (~45 nights last year, 15 so far this year), and was surprisingly angry about being abandoned, without even a phone call to alert me of the screw up.

Choice aren't great, although generally adequate for my needs. I'm not looking for fancy - just reliable.