FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA In F at San Diego
View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2018, 10:19 pm
Kumulani

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Very sorry to hear about your ground experience but alas many small outstations are like that these days. Maybe route San-lax-Lhr next time to enjoy superior QF F lounge and A380F seats.
See, I personally think this is a trap people fall into when they focus too much on frivolous stuff like lounges. It's one thing if you're doing it to get a much better fare, but otherwise... Sure, the A380 experience may be a bit nicer. But is it so much nicer that it's worth the inconvenience? Maximum waits for immigration at LAX are way longer at SAN*, and even if you get through quickly, there's still the hassle of waiting for your bags*, then picking them up and re-dropping them. And then an extra security check. Not to mention you will eventually still deal with the baggage, check-in, and lounge facilities at SAN! Sure, you'll get some time in the QF lounge at LAX on your layovers but who cares about that when you could have just been spending more time in San Diego?

* Yes, I know some people have Global Entry (myself included), and never check bags (myself included). But those do not apply to most people so I'm writing from the majority perspective.