FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best use of Chase UR points for USA Mainland>Hawaii trip [Consolidated]
Old Feb 17, 2018, 9:21 pm
philemer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by seeker2018
I'm trying to use UR points for a trip for 3 people to Maui in April. For hotel - I have almost 200k points and couldn't figure out how to make best use of them. I found a 3 star place that would be 105k UR points for 4 nights (valued at 1.5cpp, almost $1,600). The 3 star place has a bedroom separate from the pull out sofa for the third person. I was looking at some of the Sheraton properties and they wanted something like an extra $100 per night for the third person - and it's within a studio.

Is there a better deal to be had, for example converting to Hyatt points or some other chain? I feel like using almost $1,600 in points for 4 nights hotel is a bit much for a 3 star hotel.
Are your 3 people all adults? Is sleeping on a pull out sofa OK for the 3rd person?

Before transferring pts ck. the Hyatt site and see how many Hyatt pts you need to transfer & then compare to using UR pts and/or cash.

Also, what are your requirements? On the beach? Block or two away? How about a 2 * hotel? What's the name of the property that costs 105K UR?

Kihei, Lahaina, Kaanapali or further north?

My wife and I just returned from Maui and we used 100K UR for 5 nights in a 1BR condo that slept 3 that was OF. Older condo but fine. Look at condos.

You are starting too late to get the best deals. We usually start looking 10 to 11 months in advance.

Last edited by philemer; Feb 17, 2018 at 9:53 pm