FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:03 pm
omk298

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
Originally Posted by Dselvan
I have managed to book the outbound online using the vouchers. As per ringingupand FeedbirdNiner, I was going to ring USA or Japan customer services at midnight UK time to book the return in about a month when it becomes available. When I contacted BA customer services today in the UK, the agent told me that it is best to book the return with full avios at midnight online and then ring UK customer services next day when they open and they will apply the voucher to the booking and refund one passenger's full avios back. Apparently they do this since they have had lots of UK customers complaining about the midnight release of redemption seats and nothing available next day by the time you ring the agents. Obviously this is easy enough for me to do online and no lengthy costly phone calls required but I was not aware that this is an option and don't want to miss out on the seats since I have a very narrow return dates due to work commitments.
Anybody had any experience with this way of booking?
Any help is much appreciated.
Based on my experience in November that is how it's now working. I was surprised, but it all seems to have worked. (for an open jaw as well)