FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A rare First flight & far from impressed......
Old Feb 17, 2018, 6:47 am
subject2load

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by TabTraveller

I think the issue is the level of expectation, especially amongst those for whom F is an infrequent treat or a "once in a lifetime" opportunity. If you fly frequently in premium cabins, then any bad experience gets averaged out in the grand scheme of your annual travel and you learn not to get too hung up on the odd crap flight, however annoying it might be in the moment. The next one will probably be great. Where someone doesn't have a large sample size, I feel they probably have less realistic expectations going into it and a greater sense of injustice if those expectations are not met.
And - in a nutshell - therein lies the cause of the ongoing problem.

BA must love this kind of mindset because it affords them the comfort of eschewing quality in favour of frequently-poor standards and inconsistency. It’s almost part of their DNA.

It’s not too dissimilar to going to a supposedly good tailor in Savile Row, paying several hundred pounds (albeit still a lot less than the typical F class fare) only to find that your suit turns out to be ‘crap’. But hey ..... why complain or even worry ..... ? The next time I spend that sort of money with the same tailor, the result will (‘probably’) be great. Or will it .......