FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A rare First flight & far from impressed......
Old Feb 17, 2018, 6:41 am
Ned1968

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
But it isn't just BA. It's AA. And CX. And QR. And EY. And NH. And... etc.

All airlines are consistent only in their inconsistency. You sometimes get a great crew, sometimes the service leaves much to be desired. I've had poor flights on all of the above carriers in J and F. I've also had really great flights.

I think the issue is the level of expectation, especially amongst those for whom F is an infrequent treat or a "once in a lifetime" opportunity. If you fly frequently in premium cabins, then any bad experience gets averaged out in the grand scheme of your annual travel and you learn not to get too hung up on the odd crap flight, however annoying it might be in the moment. The next one will probably be great. Where someone doesn't have a large sample size, I feel they probably have less realistic expectations going into it and a greater sense of injustice if those expectations are not met.
LHR to MCT is over £3,300 return in First - that's £1,650 plus each way. It isn't unreasonable to expect that when you pay £1,650 that everything works, that you get good service, and eat and drink well. These are basic things. If the interior light in my car doesn't work I fix it; BA has an army of people to fix things when they break. If a professional designer creates something that is too fragile for daily use, then change it (and sack the designer). It is simply unacceptable and says "BA don't really care"