FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")
Old Feb 16, 2018, 5:02 pm
YOWgary

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by taurus25
Have anyone used the star alliance tool to build the rtw trip ? Is it good or waste of time as it says rtw allows approx 39000 miles ..
Worth checking that you're not confusing a Star Alliance Round The World trip with the Aeroplan redemption colloquially and unofficially known as the "Mini Round The World" (mRTW).

The former is specifically designed for visiting multiple continents, while the latter simply takes advantage of Aeroplan's generous stop-over rules to allow for trips that circle the globe, due to the destination being far enough from the origin that both Atlantic and Pacific routings are within the permitted mileage.

Originally Posted by drvannostren
Maybe PM me since it's a bit off topic Rank, but do you actually dislike the SEAT? Or is the overcrowding? The seat reviews I had read were pretty positive and it looks a bit like the Air Canada "throne" style ones. Now there's no way I'll get a throne, I wasn't gonna pay like 200Euro just to get it I just hope to get a seat in the middle section so I don't have to walk over anyone and they don't have to walk over me.
This is very much a personal preference; some other posters clearly feel otherwise, but I really like Swiss' hard and soft products, particularly given the relative lack of "pod" style seats on *A carriers flying TATL, and in my last half-dozen J flights with Swiss, I have never had a problem in reserving a D-G seat, for free, in advance.

The "throne" seats can be selected online, for free, at T-48, if they're still available.