FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Certificate of Cancellation/Delay/Diverstion
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:08 pm
milepig
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Certificate of Cancellation/Delay/Diversion

I was checking normal actual arrival times for NH7 (SFO-NRT) and noticed that the flight yesterday was delayed by several hours, and curiosity about why led me to the NH flight status page where I noticed an obscure link obtain a Certificate of Cancellation/Delay/Diversion.

I clicked through and the result was this page:

https://afs.ana.co.jp/fli/api/CertificateOut?jsoncallback=CertificateOut&airline =NH&site=INT&lang=EN&channel=PC&requestYearMonth=2 01802&requestDay=15&flightNumber=0007&operationOrd er=2&legNumber=0

For the life of me, I can't figure out what purpose this paper certificate would serve. Certainly NH already has this information in their system for rebooking, etc. Does one give it to your boss to show why you're late for work? You're spouse to show that you were actually late and not just out drinking? To a hotel when requesting reimbursement for a non-refundable prebooking? Or, do you need this when filing for delay compensation? Again, wouldn't NH already have that information in their system? Do other airlines have similar links? I've never noticed one.

It isn't personalized in any way, just a certificate for the flight.

Just idle Friday afternoon curios1ty.

Last edited by milepig; Feb 16, 2018 at 12:58 pm