FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Real Premium Economy is Coming [Update: UA studying "Real" Prem Y in domestic market]
Old Feb 16, 2018, 6:33 am
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ijgordon
That to me is the most important thing.To each their
To each their own. On flights between NYC and Europe I really, really don't care about the direct aisle access. East bound I get on board, take my window seat, fall asleep and wake up in Europe. I don't care about the person next to me because they have zero impact on my trip. Westbound we're usually both awake anyways and even if not I can step over their legs without bumping them. Done it many, many times. Added bonus is that when flying with my wife we can actually sit next to each other and still have a window.
Originally Posted by username
I have always equated PE to domestic F - maybe a little narrower but actually slightly better pitch. So, I would think if any airline would introduce PE on narrow bodies, it would be 2-2.
Also because the 2-3 layout would do strange things with the aisle if it really is going to be better seat width. A 2-2 PremY product could work but with the way the J seats stagger you don't get a ton more density so the value proposition to the airline probably isn't as great.