FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Ealing {GBR}
Old Feb 16, 2018, 3:44 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I've only had a few stays here (3 I think) and I remain somewhat conflicted about the place. Some of the rooms are small and suffer from a bit of traffic noise, other rooms are a reasonable size and are fine. The place is a bit soul-less I feel. But it can be very good value for money, it often has very low rates compared to central London. It is very close to South Ealing tube station, and 10 minutes (1 km) from Ealing Broadway station, or an easy 112 bus hop, pretty much door to door. The latter means that if the timings work, the Heathrow Connect service for LHR T5, T3 and T2 makes it quite quick to get to/from. Plus being on the North Circular means it will be accessible for many road users too. There are a good selection of shops and restaurants in the immediate vicinity. I suppose it serves a purpose if room rates elsewhere are high, and one's expectations are fairly modest.