FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Sydney {AUS}
View Single Post
Old Feb 15, 2018, 9:18 pm
m0hamed

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by anabolism
I've stayed at the Hilton countless times for well over a decade. While the rooms are annoyingly cramped, I've always found the staff nice, the Glass breakfast enjoyable, and really appreciate having access to a gym on site with a 25-meter pool for lap swimming. However, I've been at the Sheraton on the Park for several days now, because from February 2017 through the day before we arrived in Sydney, the Hilton had zero standard room awards available, and paid prices were extremely high. It's really aggravating that for a full year the Hilton did not have any rooms available at reasonable points levels or paid amounts. The day before we arrived they had standard award rooms available for the duration of our stay, but by then it was too late to cancel at the Sheraton.
In my view there is no comparison. The SOTP is a far superior hotel - view of the Park and the Harbour Heads from the top floors, the rooftop pool with a view as opposed to an indoor facility, one of the best club lounges in the World with outdoor balconies and with the current renovation it's even better.