FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Certificate Validity - Potential Redemption Error
Old Feb 15, 2018, 9:47 am
YEG USER

Certificate Validity - Potential Redemption Error

A few months ago I stayed at a Fairmont property. I thought I'd used my remaining certificates for Dining/Willow Stream Spa ($175 USD), but they don't show as having been redeemed in my account. I looked at the Folio that was emailed to me months ago, but there are still a bunch of F&B charges and I'm not sure if the charges are reduced or not (I hate the way Fairmont typically handles these certificates - instead of showing a credit on the bill, the original charge simply drops off the bill as it gets routed elsewhere internally).

I've got another stay at a different property in a few days, which will be my last before the certificates expire. I don't want my certificates to go to waste if I haven't actually used them, but I don't want to use them if the other property redeemed them and simply forgot to cancel them from my account (not only would I feel like I was stealing, I don't want to run the risk of an audit, etc. showing that I'd already used the certs and then have Fairmont claim fraud and cancel my 2018 certificates, and the additional certificates I'll earn in July 2018).

Any advice on how to proceed? Should I contact Fairmont and confirm if I'm ok to use these certs on my upcoming stay?

Thanks.