FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DM requal packet received today 2/14/2018
Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:29 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Smile DM requal packet received today 2/14/2018

For those who are anxiously watching their mailboxes: Today I received my 2018 DM requalification packet in the mail from ATL.

It contains four "above and beyond" employee recognition certs, a DM card, and two DM brag tags with steel fasteners. The envelope looks similar to previous years, but with new pictures: a runner stretching by the water with the NYC skyline in the background and a woman with roller bag walking through an empty FC cabin. The "personalized" cover letter in the folder is from Sandeep Dube.

The surprise is the card and tags: Instead of metal cowbells, they're heavy plastic in DM blue-grey color with white lettering (no red or black) and the DL widget is translucent plastic so that they look very different from previous years.. My 2MM indication is hard to see and unfortunately (once again) a microscope seems to be needed to read the SkyTeam ElitePlus logo.

I think I'm going to miss the clank of the cowbells unless most people continue to use their old ones, supposedly (according to another thread here) in a breach of etiquette and show of X (fill in your favorite rude pejorative).

Happy Valentine's Day!

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Feb 14, 2018 at 3:31 pm Reason: typo