FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BOG & CTG via AA & Latam Colombia
View Single Post
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:05 pm
tjcnkc

Programs: AA Exp, One World Emerald
Day 7 - trip back to USA

Woke early for my flight back to Bogota from Cartagena. I had booked an uber in advance. I was a little nervous of the uber showing up since I didn't have great results with them in Cartagena. The uber did show up and we headed to the airport on time. Hardly any traffic on the road at 7:30am, made it to the airport in about 15 minutes.

The Cartagena airport is fairly compact. Once through security, there is one room to wait for your flight with six gates and fast food places surrounding the walls. They do have free wifi in the airport and it was fairly good.

Once the flight was called, you head outside to a walkway along the terminal then out to the airplane.

I was assigned seat 1L in the A319. The seat was comfortable and was able to get a few good shots of Cartagena while climbing to cruising altitude.

A few shots of Bogota while making our descent.

I headed through the domestic arrivals area at BOG to Terminal 2 where the International flight leave from. Security was really quick, friendly and helpful.

I had about 3.5 hours until my AA flight to Miami so headed through the terminal to the LATAM lounge.

The lounge is on the 2nd floor across the Avianca lounge. Its really comfortable and nicely designed. Had a good selection of drinks and food. The wifi wasn't great and kept disconnecting as I used it. An alternative is the airport free wifi which is free for 30 minutes.

At about 45 minutes prior to the flight, I made my way to gate 34. The flight was on a A319, I was in seat 1A and did not have a seat mate so had a bit more room to stretch out. Seat 1A felt a lot less claustrophobic than the seats in the second row. The service from the FAs was good, they were friendly. The food was ok.

Miami as we made our descent.

Once landed in Miami, was able to get through immigration/customs quickly with my Global entry then a short time in security.

Once through security, I headed to the new Flagship Lounge near gate D33. The FL is really nicely done.

Good selection of food.

Made to order Arepas station.

I headed to the gate about 45 minutes before take off for my flight to MCI. We boarded about 30 minutes out. The FAs were fairly friendly on the E175. I was in seat 1A which I like on these planes and allows me to stretch out. Grabbed a bit of sleep on the way to Kansas City. We landed in KC about 30 minutes ahead of time and made my way home via uber.

On a whole, Colombia was a great trip. Would love to go back and explore more of the country.

FIN