FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Express Canada application and reward strategies
Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:41 pm
beanburrito

Alternating between Business and Personal cards due to multiple cards rule (Can)

Hi guys,

I am a long time lurker and first time poster. I was wondering if someone might be able to assist me with a question regarding AMEX MR signup bonuses.

I applied for the Biz Plat and got the 75K bonus. I also have the Biz Gold, but haven’t gotten my 40K signup bonus despite meeting the minimum spend, and I wonder if it’s because I am holding two small business cards at the same time. Granted, it’s only been a couple of days. I also have the same login to access both cards, so I suppose it’s probably easy for AMEX to see that.

There’s probably not much I can do at this point, but I am wondering if anyone has any experience or data points regarding delayed points posting as of late.

My real question is regarding my spouse and whether we should pursue a different strategy. Do you think it would be a safer option to get the Personal Gold, cancel the Biz Plat and move all the points over to the personal card, and THEN activate the Biz Gold so that we’re not holding two Business cards at once? Not sure if this is overkill or not. Alternatively, do people have any better luck if they keep the logins separate for multiple business cards?

Thanks so much!