FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Sydney {AUS}
View Single Post
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:49 am
aztimm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Good luck with getting a decent rate.

I looked over availabilities for next 3 months, as I need a few extra nights, and near all nights seemed to be around the $A300 mark no matter what rates I asked for!
I'm planning a trip to Sydney (Australia this time ) in October, and I'm finding the rates extremely high. I know there's still time, and hopefully the rates will go down. For now, I booked a fully refundable (24 hours notice), "KING HILTON DELUXE ROOM, 30 mē/323sq.ft, " for A$330 with the AARP rate. The Honors MVP rate doesn't seem to work here
While I'm certainly hoping that the rates will go down, I figured I could snag this now, just in case they go up.

Anyway, does anyone have thoughts on the upgrade offers? I'm just Honors Gold, so any free upgrade is probably unlikely for a week stay:

* A$16/night: KING HILTON DELUXE PLUS ROOM , 30 mē/323sq.ft
  • Located on the top 4 floors of the hotel
  • Offers breathtaking skyline views from your room
  • Offer provides a Late Check Out and a 375ml bottle of red wine and two bottles of water
* A$27/night: HIGHER FLOOR LOCATION , 30 - 43 floors
  • Add breathtaking skyline views from a high floor location to your currently confirmed room.
  • Take in enhanced views of the beautiful Sydney skyline and local surrounding area.
* A$224/night: KING RELAXATION ROOM , 48 mē/517sq.ft
  • Enjoy this open plan living boutique room
  • For added privacy there are sliding doors to bathroom
  • Relax via the invigorating hydro spa and three-jet shower right in your hotel room
  • Offers Executive lounge access which comes with complimentary continential breakfast, Evening drinks and canapes
* A$352/night: KING RELAXATION SUITE , 54 mē/581sq.ft
  • Enjoy a 3 zone suite which comes with a separate bed, bath & lounge areas
  • Relax in a luxury double spa bath overlooking Sydney's skyline
  • Relax in a walk in shower with massage jets
  • Enjoy amazing city view from your desk
The King Suite is A$470/night.

The Deluxe Plus and Higher Floor seem a bit like the same. If either, perhaps I'd take the Plus. I'm tempted to do the suite just to see if I'd get it...but then I probably will :P
Of course all of these are in addition to my current room rate, which hopefully I'll be able to get lower between now and then.