FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Rumor] More Polaris "Enhancements" coming May 1, 2018? ...
Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:05 am
cepheid

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
My biggest disappointment is no more teddy bears.

Flew Polaris (soft-product, 789) DEN-NRT and NRT-DEN a couple of weeks ago. As someone who is usually in the back, I found it quite comfortable, and very worth the price of my mother's GPUs. Service was speedy and friendly on both flights. I opted for the Japanese Dining service both ways, and was satisfied with the food. Didn't notice if there were any Hot Bites ... there were cold sandwiches and various snacks on a cart in the galley for mid-flight, but I didn't ask about anything else. Sundaes were in a paper bowl, though my standards are low enough that this doesn't bother me. The seats did seem a bit worn (creaky), but I was infinitely more comfortable than I would have been in the back, especially since both flights were almost completely full.

Sad that there were no teddy bears for my kids, but whatchagonnado. At least they liked the 747 commemorative amenity kits.

Heading to TLV in April with the family and trying to decide how much I might want to try for biz. Unfortunately there are no Saver Biz tix on UA metal at this time, not that I even have the miles to cover four such tickets. So, will probably end up in E+, sadly. (But, saver E+ is probably better than paid, since ticket prices are really high, and it's not even high season!)