FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A319 Wi-Fi 2Ku Equipment and FA problems
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2018, 3:19 pm
ethernal

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by HDQDD
Gogo is the accountable party, it's their system. Same way my ISP isn't responsible when Delta's website is down.
You contract directly with your ISP. If an upstream provider has an issue, the accountable party (for you as the consumer) is the ISP - even if it's really an issue with a Level3 pipe that isn't part of your ISP's self-owned network.

Similarly, I contract directly with Delta and they are the accountable party here. Admittedly I technically pay GoGo, but given that my Delta GoGo pass only works on Delta flights I (as a consumer) associate it only with Delta and not a 3rd party provider.

Delta openly advertises that they have WiFi on all of their planes and show it on their website as a feature when booking. Delta is the accountable party, and I will blame them. Now of course Delta will turn around to GoGo and tell them to fix it, but that is not my problem as a consumer. I hold Delta accountable for the failures of the service on their flight. It's identical to how I would blame Delta if a caterer that Delta contracts with failed to deliver food to the plane. Same thing with contract staff at a Skyclub that treats me poorly.. or any other permutation of such a scenario. I don't care whether Delta insources or outsources a function or capability - I will hold Delta accountable for the outcomes of both their staff and anyone that operates on their behalf.

Imagine of Apple sold a bunch of shoddy and broken phones. Do you think they could get away with saying "well, it's not our fault.. Foxconn didn't assemble them to specification. Don't blame us!"? Of course they couldn't.

I suggest you google "SLA". In my industry (heavy manufacturing) suppliers/sub contractors pay huge fines for delays/quality issues. It's all in what you negotiate in the contract.
Everyone knows what an SLA is. There is no need to be condescending.