FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FastPass thru immigration??
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:59 am
synthkeys

Programs: CX MPC DM
This thread should probably be moved to the HKG forum.

HK Immigration offers a program called E-Channel for frequent visitors. Membership is available for those who have made 3 arrivals to HKG in the past year or members of various FFP including Cathay's MPC.

e-Channel Services for Visitors | Immigration Department
https://loyaltylobby.com/2013/12/09/...liers-qualify/

There are two registration offices located in HKIA right after the immigration booths but before the sliding doors to baggage claim. To register, you first need to clear immigration the old fashioned way in the queue with your passport and landing card. The office on the North Hall (right hand side of immigration) is open from 7:30AM to 11PM. The South Hall office is open from 10AM to 6PM. Having your eligible FFP card is the fastest way to register. If there is no queue, the process should take less than 10 minutes. They will affix a barcode sticker on the back of your passport.

After successful registration you will be able to use any e-Channel or frequent visitor gate at HKIA and the land checkpoints between HK and China. I've even used a resident kiosk when no e-Channel or frequent visitor gates were open after being told to to so by HK immigration staff. Although when I cross from China to HK in a private car at Shenzhen Bay or Huangang, I never get to use e-Channel. The e-Channel car lanes never seem open or if they are I can't get my driver to understand that we can use that lane, so I end up filling out a landing card.

I am not aware of any other program for priority passengers of certain airlines for quick immigration. e-Channel is a very simple registration process and gets you through quicker although the first time you need to clear immigration without it. HK immigration is very efficient and quick, even without e-Channel its a pretty quick process to clear.